Uveitis and the related conditions affect different people in different ways. We hope the personal stories presented here help you to understand why we are trying to support sufferers.
For all the scientific facts and opinions, sometimes it’s difficult to understand the real people behind a condition. And when the condition is little understood, it can make it difficult to empathise with a sufferer.
As the stories below show, the issues that uveitis raises in people’s live are numerous.
- Olivia’s story: All about Olivia’s experience of uveitis.
- Guy’s story: Uveitis and Lyme Disease.
- Nicki’s story: The experience of discovering your child has chronic bilateral uveitis.
- Anon’s story: An adult’s experience of uveitis when unilateral iritis developed into bilateral pan uveitis.
- Alan’s story: Childhood tonsilitis was the first sign of problems that led to being registered legally blind.
- Anke’s story: The ongoing struggle for a diagnosis and treatment that works.
- Caron & Jack’s story: How a diagnosis of bilateral idiopathic panuveitis changed the lives of a mother and her young son.
- Laurence’s story: Testimony illustrating the lack of information and support available to those with complex eye conditions.
- Annette & Sam’s story: A diagnosis at five years old was just the start.
- Kelly & Amy’s story: One morning Amy woke not able to walk and complaining of leg pain.
- Dee & Callum’s story: A story that shows the rapid pace of change when you have a JIA diagnosis.
- Samantha’s story: “My struggle with Uveitis isn’t over, but at least the end is in sight…”
If you have a story you’d like to share, email email@example.com